Thursday 5 February 2009

Salman & Katrina's V-day plans



Sorry guys ‘n’ dolls. I’ve just met a ‘crab’ who ain’t gonna scurry off the beach when the tide ebbs.

Or when predators and rivals challenge her turf. Katrina Kaif is one Cancerian who’ll use those claws to good defense. So be it Deepika’s innocuous remarks that upset her, or a so-called cold war with Asin. Or even her relationship status with Salman Khan – Katz simply smiles that lovely moony smile, speaks sensitive words of diplomacy and snaps your head off. So, read between the lines here dahlings – it’s a Katrina kayo!

So now you’re topping media popularity polls even — at par with Tendulkar and Co.?
Yes! A news channel has nominated me ‘Indian of The Year’ on the same platform as Sachin Tendulkar and some other big names. It’s a nice feeling. Great to know you’re there on the popularity charts, especially when it is the media and the public voting for you. In an industry based on relationships — where the best of friendships can go wrong, one can’t be popular and liked by all. So, this is even more special!

Deepika had said that you’re ‘her senior’. An ‘ouch’ remark?

Look, when you get neck deep into work there’s no room for rivalry. There’s place for all because there’s so much quality work all around. I like to give 100 per cent to my work. But I’m an emotional person, so all this unhealthy, idle gossip affects my health. Luckily the diversity of cinema today ensures that everyone has different kinds of movies. I’m doing movies with actors like Ranbir, John and, of course, my one annual biggie with Akshay. So there’s a sense of balance. As far as Deepika is concerned, if we waste time on ‘what she said’ or ‘what he said’, then we’ll only stay caught up in that web. Problem is, that most actresses cannot be perceived as friends. I do give Deepika the benefit of doubt. I’m sure it was a well-meaning statement!

Vibes between you and Asin don’t seem to be warm either. Going by reports that you landed up in Chandigarh (where she was filming with Salman) just to give her the ‘cold Katz’ treatment?
Oh my God! That was such a funny story. Asin is lovely and I’m happy Salman is working with her. But to clear the record, I went to Chandigarh on a personal visit and did not even go on Asin’s sets. This was all hot-controversy with no fire. Leave alone cold vibes.

Another bane of top actresses is a glut of clones ‘n’ comparisons. Now there are several Katrina ‘lookalikes’...
I take it as a compliment when people start using you as the benchmark to rate others. Then people say ‘Oh, this one looks like you, Oh that one looks like you’. I think it’s unfair to any girl to be compared to someone who’s already there. It puts the heavier burden, of them having to live up to expectations better suited to somebody else. Though, frankly, I don’t think that any of the girls compared to me are remotely similar to me.

There seems to be a catfight on between you and Priyanka. Some issue over top billing at an awards performance?
This is all baseless imagination of some gossip-mongers. My track for the event was decided a long time ago and everything was already cast in stone. I’ve known the show organisers, the Moranis, for sometime now; and they’re some of the most straightforward people in this business. So sorry guys, no catfight between Priyanka and me!

Rumour has it that your relationship with Salman is headed for permanency. He’s supposedly buying you a home on Valentine’s Day?
I must say that, according to media, Salman seems to be in some generous mood. He’s supposed to be buying me a place; supposedly buying Asin a place... It’s hilarious. Though the truth is, I don’t think that he’s buying any house — for her or me.

What’s your Valentine’s Day plan? Any special event with Salman?
Yes! Salman and I have plans on V-day. Unfortunately, not together. I’m shooting a song in Turkey with Rajkumar Santoshi; while Salman is shooting for Veer in northern India. Unless he plans to surprise me, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment