Wednesday 4 February 2009

Abhi wants family on birthday



Given a choice here’s how Abhishek would like to spend his birthday. “Quietly, with family.

There’s nothing in the world I’d want more. Any day when all of us can be together is like a birthday treat.” Abhishek’s in New York and Pa Amitabh and Ma Jaya almost didn’t make it for his birthday! “They were stranded in London due to heavy snowfall. I was hoping the entire family would be present, weather permitting. I bit my nails when dad and mom were stranded. I could think of no better birthday present than them joining me and Aishwarya in New York. And they finally arrived! Birthdays have always been a family affair for us and I hoped it would be the same this year too,” says Abhishek.

At 33, Abhishek continues to be the brat of the Bachchan clan. “33! Wow, I’m growing up. I don’t think much on my birthday. It’s like any other day of the year. But you get loads of presents, so that’s what makes birthdays special.”
He isn’t telling, but wife Aishwarya has a big surprise planned for him in New York. “For me, my parents joining us is the big birthday gift. Everything else is a bonus.”

Abhishek is looking forward to a fruitful year ahead. “I have some great releases lined up. Well, at least I think they’re great. I have to work extra hard to make sure the audience feels the same way too. Both films are very special and important to me. So I hope they turn out the way I’ve imagined.”
And what is the one birthday gift he would like? “Something tangible? Hmmm... I’m not big on asking for presents. Well since Delhi 6 releases soon after my birthday I guess I could ask the audiences to make it a huge hit for me. That would be an awesome present from them!”

No comments:

Post a Comment