Wednesday 4 February 2009

Asin’s success is pukka!

With Valentine’s Day round the corner, looking sexy in red Asin is gracing the cover of a Filmfare this month.

With the success of Ghajini working wonders for the actress, Asin talks to us about being the face of the magazine, her next film London Dreams and being one of the most net savvy actresses in Bollywood today.

How do you define Filmfare?
Filmfare is the most renowned film magazine we have today and for me it's really special…not just now but since the day I was working down-south. They have helped me a lot and given me space in their magazine.

What’s been keeping you busy since Ghajini?
I am doing London Dreams with Ajay and Salman opposite me. We have completed the shoot in London.

We heard that you bond really well with Salman?
It's not that way…I share a pukka professional relationship with each one of my co-stars; whether it’s Aamir, Salman, Ajay, or even down south.

Any transformation in you nature post Ghajini?
This question can be answered by my close friends better then me. But as far I know there is no change at all. Earlier too I used to keep in touch with my fans through my website and now too I interact and reply to their mails.

All the stars are going internet…
But I have had my website for a long time as I am pukka net savvy. I like reading online…

We hear you have signed an international film with Kamal Haasan…

Yes…. The lead actor is a Japanese star Tadanobu Asano and also Kamal Haasan. It will be in three languages. But I think it's too early to talk about the film. The pre-production is going on right now and probably the shoot will start in August.

Your career seems to be a lot like Deepika’s. The big A list stars to debut with… then an action film.
I don't think so! I have my own way… the way I am looking at my career. It's just a coincidence but 19th Steps… it’s not a pukka action film…it's more of a war drama.

Tell us something we don’t know about you.
I’m a complete book worm! I remember when I use to flick books and hide it from my dad! And pukka is my new favourite word… I say it all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment