Thursday 5 February 2009

I'd like to get my surgery done on V-day: SRK



Shah Rukh Khan has grand plans for Valentine’s Day, but not with wife Gauri. On a recent visit to Delhi, the actor said that it might be the perfect day to have his long delayed shoulder surgery.

I usually don’t do anything on Valentine’s Day, so I’d like to get my surgery done then. It’s just that there’s so much work – I can’t afford to be lying flat on a hospital bed for a month. I do need this surgery, but once my movie Billu Barber is placed well, I’ll have more time,” he explains.

It’s not only movies that are keeping SRK from getting that surgery done. There’s also IPL. “There’s some planning to be done. In fact, I had a meeting regarding that two days ago in Delhi. But I don’t think that recession is going to affect IPL. I don’t even think recession is the word for the situation India is in. I would call it a time for ‘correction of figures’.” A correction in the figure that he charges, too? “I don’t think I’ll have to make much modification. I’ve never overcharged or undercharged. In both the film industry and the IPL, I don’t think we should jump to conclusions,” Shah Rukh says. And what about Shilpa Shetty entering the IPL fray? “All the best to her. I’m sure she took this decision after great consideration. I’d like all the teams to win, but I’ll be backing my own, of course!” he smiles.

Of course, no session with SRK is complete without the man’s display of wit. To a female photographer, he said, “For you, darling, I can remove my jacket and even my shirt! However, I don’t have anything written across my chest.” Was that a dig at ‘good friend’ Aamir Khan? “I’m not taking a dig at him or anyone else. It was just a joke. He does it too. There are certain things that others say in public, though, and I don’t like it. So I guess I’ll meet him soon and have a talk with him,” he says.

What he has done, however, is make it to many star lists – the sexiest, the hottest, the most popular ... His take on the lists is, “I don’t understand these lists. I am on so many of them. Who makes these lists? I am the list!” And is he playing Mogambo in the new Mr India? “Mogambo, me? Come on, I’m a handsome young guy,” he laughs.

No comments:

Post a Comment