Saturday 7 February 2009

I am okay with Ranbir kissing his heroines: Deepika Padukone

Deepika Padukone talks about the failure of CC2C, déjà vu on the sets Billu Barber, Imtiaz Ali’s Love Aaj Kal and Ranbir Kapoor. She also picks her Filmfare award winners…



“The Filmfare awards will always be special to me because as a child, my parents and I would wait to watch the annual event. Then last year I won 2 awards for my debut in Om Shanti Om, so it was even more special,” she fondly recalls. It must be noted that Ranbir and she professed their love for each other backstage on the night of the awards.

Beau Ranbir Kapoor, who won the best debut along with her, was missing at the event. “You’ll have to ask the organizers that!” she replied blushing.

Picking her winners for the Best Debut this year, she says, “I think Asin was fantastic in Ghajini and Anushka was very good too. Anushka and I have been in the same position. I know Anushka since we started modeling together and we both debuted with SRK. In the male category, Farhan Akhtar and Imran Khan are the names that I can think of.” And will she perform this year? “I haven’t been asked to as yet but I would love to perform,” she says.

Speaking about her Imtiaz Ali film, Love Aaj Kal with Saif Ali Khan, she says, “Imtiaz Ali was always on my wish-list of directors to work with and I am glad I am working with him so soon in my career. It was fantastic working with Saif. He is brilliant yet he needs to be taken care of like a child. My character in the film, Meera, is a modern yet traditional girl. She is practical yet emotional in matters of the heart. I think youngsters will relate very well to the love story in the film.”

Deepika is disappointed with the failure of Chandni Chowk to China but still counts it as a great experience. “If you work hard on a film or anything and then it doesn’t do well, you are obviously disappointed but it was a great experience for me. I learnt a lot from it. It’s an experience that pushes me to better myself and my performances.”

Deepika had a kissing scene with Ranbir in Bachna Ae Haseeno, is she okay with Ranbir kissing his heroines? “Tum kyun aisa kar rahe ho,” she asks, adding, “Ranbir has already done it. But I just take it as another scene in the film which takes the story forward.”

Talking about her shoot for Billu Barber, Deepika says, “The three day shooting for Billu Barber’s Love Mera Hit brought back memories of Om Shanti Om. Even the caterer, Mutuswamy was the same. Farah and SRK are like family to me and I would do anything for them.”

Lastly, what are her plans for Valentine’s Day? “I am spending the day with my parents!” she cleverly signs off.

No comments:

Post a Comment